Monday, March 06, 2006

Dearest Boobah,

You nap as I write this. I've been in a panic for the last two days and anytime I actually think about it I now start to cry. I am so excited for everything that is about to happen to all of our lives yet I can't help but feel a imminent disconnect from what we have now. I just wanted to write this to you so I can look back on it when I marvel and wonder and joy at my two children and remember when there was just one.

You have taught me more in 17 months then I have learned in my 32+ years on this earth.

You have taught me never ending, gut wrenching, volumonous, infinity, and unconditional parental love.

Patience beyond patience...which I still have to work at daily. Not because of you...but because of me.

Wonder and imagination as it passes by your tiny face in glimmers and glimpses.

You have taught me time management and organization in ways that I could never have imagined. You have taught me that I MUST in no uncertain terms ask for help when I need it. Another lesson that I still struggle with but work at daily.

You have taught me that snacks from the floor taste just as good as the ones from the box and that mac and cheese kisses taste better than the fresh stuff.

You have taught me that Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton and Coach don't dare to compare to a sticky, honey dipped, squeezy hand...and as a matter of fact, they don't even hold a close second.

You've taught me how to be a better person as I look at myself through your beautiful green/blue eyes.

You've taught me that mullets are delicious and sweet, especially when tied into pigtails.

I know you'll never remember a time in which it was just the two of us but in this short note I just want you to know how much I adore you, everything that you are, and everything that you've brought to my life. How much I love you and can't stand to be without you for even the shortest amount of time. How much I hate to interrupt all that we have built but I know that we will cherish all that is new to come and we will create a new groove and a new daily world together with Tyler.

I love you my sweet girl.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo ~ infinity

No comments: