Monday, January 29, 2007

so i was given gift cards to ac moore for the holidays to help support my crafting habit. i'm considering starting another blog devoted to that...however, i vowed to spend my gifts on me...not my kids..but me...

so i ended up spending about 50% of the gc's on me...and the other 50 on my kids. i can't help myself!!

i go into the store knowing that the kids stuff is on the right and the scrapbook/stamping supplies are on the left. so the SMART thing would be to head right to the left of the store. but no. i offered to pick up some foam hearts for a friend so i NEEDED to be on the right hand side of the store to do so. so NOW the smart thing would be to head directly to the left hand side of the store. but no...i got stopped by a display of $1 coloring books...and The Boobah is obsessed with coloring...she colors every single page. so who am i to stop her? right...but i digress...so i pick up 2 coloring books and head to the ribbon section...which is in the middle. i get about 20 spools of ribbon...(mmmmmmmmmm...ribbon) and then remember i wanted to buy some play-doh to replace the super dry stuff that they have in the meetinghouse playroom. SO i get sucked BACK into the kids section. no playdoh...but i do find...a new Handy Dandy notebook and Melissa and Doug stamp set. so now i PEEL myself away from the kids section AGAIN...and head to where i need to be...

so i paruse papers, stamps, stickers, embellishments, and the like. i pick up some stuff...put back other things...around and around i go.

so then i find some fun, fake gerber daisies. The Boobah loves flowers so i get 4 in a variety of vibrant colors. so then i drift back to where i want to be and can't seem to find anything further for myself. which is ASTOUNDING. cause i can find shit to buy anywhere and i mean ANYWHERE. nope...besides the outstanding amount of ribbon...i bought some replacement blades for my paper trimmer, some adhesive (woo hoo), a rubber stamp cleaning pad and solution, glitter and some Mod Podge. oh and then i found a pack of 3,000 reward stickers...again...for the kids.

it's just more fun buying for them!!! oh and mind you...the supplies that i purchased, most of them are for scrapbooking pictures of...you guessed it!! my kids...

sigh...i love being a mom...

No comments: